Nov 6, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
This is fun. At least if you’re not one of the parties to the lawsuit. Former Phillies’ batting practice pitcher Ali Modami is suing the Phillies and Ruben Amaro personally, saying that Amaro defamed him.
The upshot: Modami was fired, and when he tried to get jobs with the Dodgers and Nationals, he claims that Amaro told those teams that Modami was stealing equipment and memorabilia and selling it on the Internet. And that Modami was badmouthing the team. The kicker: Modami claims in his suit that Jayson Werth told him that Amaro was doing those things.
I don’t practice anymore, but I think I would love to depose Jayson Werth. I just have this feeling that he’d be the best/worst (depending on your point of view) witness in the history of depositions.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)