Nov 6, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
According to a baseball source, the Red Sox have shown interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter.
The 37 year-old (who turns 38 in July) has expressed interest in playing in Boston in the past, in large part because of the presence of his longtime friend, Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz.
A lot of teams should be interested in Hunter, assuming he doesn’t want too long a deal. I feel, however, that only about 5% of “this player likes this team because of geography/friend on the team” factors ever wind up really determining anything. It’s all about role and money.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)