Nov 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Last week we heard that the Rockies had narrowed down the candidates for their manager gig to four: Jason Giambi, Walt Weiss, Matt Williams and Tom Runnells. Guess that’s a soft four, because they’ve interviewed someone else:
According to Thomas Harding, who covers the Rockies for MLB.Com, Double A Frisco manager Steve Buechele has interviewed for the Colorado managerial opening. Buechele has been a manager in the Rangers system for four years and has guided his team to the playoffs in all four years. He did so in one year at Class A Bakersfield and three straight seasons at Frisco.
Either the quartet of candidates did not impress, there is a division in the Rockies clubhouse, or someone owes Buechele a favor.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20