Nov 7, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
This news is admittedly probably only interesting to longtime Baseball Think Factory visitors, but since I’m included in that group here’s a post about it.
Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that Diamondbacks international scouting director Carlos Gomez has been hired away by the Angels to fill the same role. Prior to becoming Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto worked with Gomez in Arizona’s front office.
And here’s why I really, really like this story: Before becoming a big deal in the baseball world Gomez was a former college and independent league pitcher who wrote regularly at Baseball Think Factory under the name “ChadBradfordWannabe.”
He hung out in the various discussion threads and wrote excellent articles breaking down pitching mechanics. And now he’ll be running his second MLB international scouting department.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)