Nov 7, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
This news is admittedly probably only interesting to longtime Baseball Think Factory visitors, but since I’m included in that group here’s a post about it.
Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that Diamondbacks international scouting director Carlos Gomez has been hired away by the Angels to fill the same role. Prior to becoming Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto worked with Gomez in Arizona’s front office.
And here’s why I really, really like this story: Before becoming a big deal in the baseball world Gomez was a former college and independent league pitcher who wrote regularly at Baseball Think Factory under the name “ChadBradfordWannabe.”
He hung out in the various discussion threads and wrote excellent articles breaking down pitching mechanics. And now he’ll be running his second MLB international scouting department.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (99)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury