Nov 7, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
We continue our morning of “let’s find some sort of baseball connection to stuff that is way, way more important than baseball because, man, there isn’t a lot of baseball news yet today.”
Next up: those restrictions last week requiring people driving into Manhattan to have at least three people in their cars in order to help stave off post-Sandy chaos:
Needing to get from New Jersey to Manhattan for rehabilitation of his elbow following surgery, CC Sabathia had to deal with the minimum of three passengers per car imposed on some bridges following Superstorm Sandy.
“He had to go in with two people in his car so he could get in to see the therapist,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Tuesday. Yankees trainer Steve Donahue drove with a buddy to meet Sabathia, and they rode with the left-hander into the city.
Someone make a trade or something. Bored out of my gourd here.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)