Nov 7, 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
We continue our morning of “let’s find some sort of baseball connection to stuff that is way, way more important than baseball because, man, there isn’t a lot of baseball news yet today.”
Next up: those restrictions last week requiring people driving into Manhattan to have at least three people in their cars in order to help stave off post-Sandy chaos:
Needing to get from New Jersey to Manhattan for rehabilitation of his elbow following surgery, CC Sabathia had to deal with the minimum of three passengers per car imposed on some bridges following Superstorm Sandy.
“He had to go in with two people in his car so he could get in to see the therapist,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Tuesday. Yankees trainer Steve Donahue drove with a buddy to meet Sabathia, and they rode with the left-hander into the city.
Someone make a trade or something. Bored out of my gourd here.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 51
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)