Nov 7, 2012, 9:18 AM EST
We continue our morning of “let’s find some sort of baseball connection to stuff that is way, way more important than baseball because, man, there isn’t a lot of baseball news yet today.”
Next up: those restrictions last week requiring people driving into Manhattan to have at least three people in their cars in order to help stave off post-Sandy chaos:
Needing to get from New Jersey to Manhattan for rehabilitation of his elbow following surgery, CC Sabathia had to deal with the minimum of three passengers per car imposed on some bridges following Superstorm Sandy.
“He had to go in with two people in his car so he could get in to see the therapist,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Tuesday. Yankees trainer Steve Donahue drove with a buddy to meet Sabathia, and they rode with the left-hander into the city.
Someone make a trade or something. Bored out of my gourd here.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)