Nov 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
We mentioned this morning that the Indians’ Chris Antonetti would listen to any offers. He may have one soon from St. Louis, reports Joe Strauss:
The Cardinals have “real” interest in pursuing Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera if the Indians, as rumored, shop him this winter.
I suppose a lot of teams would. Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 with 16 home runs and 68 RBI in 616 plate appearances last season, and it’s not like there’s boatloads of talent at shortstop in the bigs these days.
Which makes me skeptical that the Indians would seriously consider dealing him.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)