Nov 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
We mentioned this morning that the Indians’ Chris Antonetti would listen to any offers. He may have one soon from St. Louis, reports Joe Strauss:
The Cardinals have “real” interest in pursuing Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera if the Indians, as rumored, shop him this winter.
I suppose a lot of teams would. Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 with 16 home runs and 68 RBI in 616 plate appearances last season, and it’s not like there’s boatloads of talent at shortstop in the bigs these days.
Which makes me skeptical that the Indians would seriously consider dealing him.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)