Nov 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
We mentioned this morning that the Indians’ Chris Antonetti would listen to any offers. He may have one soon from St. Louis, reports Joe Strauss:
The Cardinals have “real” interest in pursuing Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera if the Indians, as rumored, shop him this winter.
I suppose a lot of teams would. Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 with 16 home runs and 68 RBI in 616 plate appearances last season, and it’s not like there’s boatloads of talent at shortstop in the bigs these days.
Which makes me skeptical that the Indians would seriously consider dealing him.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)