Nov 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
We mentioned this morning that the Indians’ Chris Antonetti would listen to any offers. He may have one soon from St. Louis, reports Joe Strauss:
The Cardinals have “real” interest in pursuing Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera if the Indians, as rumored, shop him this winter.
I suppose a lot of teams would. Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 with 16 home runs and 68 RBI in 616 plate appearances last season, and it’s not like there’s boatloads of talent at shortstop in the bigs these days.
Which makes me skeptical that the Indians would seriously consider dealing him.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)