Nov 7, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
We mentioned this morning that the Indians’ Chris Antonetti would listen to any offers. He may have one soon from St. Louis, reports Joe Strauss:
The Cardinals have “real” interest in pursuing Cleveland shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera if the Indians, as rumored, shop him this winter.
I suppose a lot of teams would. Cabrera hit .270/.338/.423 with 16 home runs and 68 RBI in 616 plate appearances last season, and it’s not like there’s boatloads of talent at shortstop in the bigs these days.
Which makes me skeptical that the Indians would seriously consider dealing him.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 7
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)