Nov 7, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The G.M.s of all 30 teams and their various and sundry assistants have assembled in Indian Wells, California for the annual G.M. meetings. That’s in the Coachella Valley, which means that there will be a performance by a holographic Branch Rickey at some point.
At least I think that’s how it works.
No, actually how it works, based on recent years anyway, is that a lot of talking happens over the next couple of days but not much in the way of big deals get done. It’s more of a feeling out thing, laying the groundwork for deals as the winter wears on. What we will see, however, are a lot of interviews with G.M.s that may give us a sense of what direction they’re leaning on this or that player.
But mostly, nah, not likely to be any major stuff going down.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)