Nov 7, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Hamilton is on the Orioles’ list of targets for left field, according to a source with knowledge of the organization’s plans. Hamilton has started more games in left field than center over the past three seasons, and the Orioles have an opening there now that Nate McLouth has become a free agent.
Morosi notes that, as a cheaper option, the O’s may be interested in Cody Ross. On Twitter he referred to the Orioles as having Hamilton and Ross “on their wish list.” Which, given the falloff, is sort of like how my son has both the Lego Death Star and the Virtual Loop Hot Wheels track on his wish list.
Frankly, though, the Orioles have a WAY better shot at Hamilton than Carlo has for the Death Star, so it’s not quite a fair comparison.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)