Nov 7, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Still many precincts yet to report so these results are tentative at best but [touches the fancy screen, half of Coors Field lights up blue] it looks like Walt Weiss is the favorite in the Rockies managerial race. The Denver Post:
With momentum growing toward Walt Weiss’ hiring, the Rockies paused after Matt Williams’ impressive interview for the manager’s job. The Rockies have narrowed the search for their next manager to those candidates, a major-league source confirmed Tuesday. Weiss remains the favorite, the source said, but Williams captured the Rockies’ attention, prompting the team to take more time to make a decision that is expected sometime this week.
Meanwhile, it looks the the Blue Jays job is going to hanging chads and manual recounts. Just brutal.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)