Nov 7, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Still many precincts yet to report so these results are tentative at best but [touches the fancy screen, half of Coors Field lights up blue] it looks like Walt Weiss is the favorite in the Rockies managerial race. The Denver Post:
With momentum growing toward Walt Weiss’ hiring, the Rockies paused after Matt Williams’ impressive interview for the manager’s job. The Rockies have narrowed the search for their next manager to those candidates, a major-league source confirmed Tuesday. Weiss remains the favorite, the source said, but Williams captured the Rockies’ attention, prompting the team to take more time to make a decision that is expected sometime this week.
Meanwhile, it looks the the Blue Jays job is going to hanging chads and manual recounts. Just brutal.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 12
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims