Nov 7, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Still many precincts yet to report so these results are tentative at best but [touches the fancy screen, half of Coors Field lights up blue] it looks like Walt Weiss is the favorite in the Rockies managerial race. The Denver Post:
With momentum growing toward Walt Weiss’ hiring, the Rockies paused after Matt Williams’ impressive interview for the manager’s job. The Rockies have narrowed the search for their next manager to those candidates, a major-league source confirmed Tuesday. Weiss remains the favorite, the source said, but Williams captured the Rockies’ attention, prompting the team to take more time to make a decision that is expected sometime this week.
Meanwhile, it looks the the Blue Jays job is going to hanging chads and manual recounts. Just brutal.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 2
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 44
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)