Nov 7, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Still many precincts yet to report so these results are tentative at best but [touches the fancy screen, half of Coors Field lights up blue] it looks like Walt Weiss is the favorite in the Rockies managerial race. The Denver Post:
With momentum growing toward Walt Weiss’ hiring, the Rockies paused after Matt Williams’ impressive interview for the manager’s job. The Rockies have narrowed the search for their next manager to those candidates, a major-league source confirmed Tuesday. Weiss remains the favorite, the source said, but Williams captured the Rockies’ attention, prompting the team to take more time to make a decision that is expected sometime this week.
Meanwhile, it looks the the Blue Jays job is going to hanging chads and manual recounts. Just brutal.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17