Nov 8, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Every couple weeks now Yankees general manager Brian Cashman reiterates that he has no plans to trade Alex Rodriguez.
Cashman did so again yesterday, telling the assembled media at the GM meetings:
I’ve already been on record right after the postseason, we’re not trading Alex. So hopefully the Alex stuff stops. I’m reiterating, we’re not trading Alex Rodriguez. I’ve talked to every team in baseball, I have not offered Alex in any trade, and you’ll be able to confirm that with them.
Cashman went on to say that no teams even contacted the Yankees about Rodriguez because “they probably read my comments.”
Until next time, this has been “Brian Cashman denies the Yankees are trying to trade Alex Rodriguez” on NBC!
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 16
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)