Nov 8, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Every couple weeks now Yankees general manager Brian Cashman reiterates that he has no plans to trade Alex Rodriguez.
Cashman did so again yesterday, telling the assembled media at the GM meetings:
I’ve already been on record right after the postseason, we’re not trading Alex. So hopefully the Alex stuff stops. I’m reiterating, we’re not trading Alex Rodriguez. I’ve talked to every team in baseball, I have not offered Alex in any trade, and you’ll be able to confirm that with them.
Cashman went on to say that no teams even contacted the Yankees about Rodriguez because “they probably read my comments.”
Until next time, this has been “Brian Cashman denies the Yankees are trying to trade Alex Rodriguez” on NBC!
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27