Nov 8, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Every couple weeks now Yankees general manager Brian Cashman reiterates that he has no plans to trade Alex Rodriguez.
Cashman did so again yesterday, telling the assembled media at the GM meetings:
I’ve already been on record right after the postseason, we’re not trading Alex. So hopefully the Alex stuff stops. I’m reiterating, we’re not trading Alex Rodriguez. I’ve talked to every team in baseball, I have not offered Alex in any trade, and you’ll be able to confirm that with them.
Cashman went on to say that no teams even contacted the Yankees about Rodriguez because “they probably read my comments.”
Until next time, this has been “Brian Cashman denies the Yankees are trying to trade Alex Rodriguez” on NBC!
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)