Nov 8, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
“In a perfect situation, if there were no other deciding factors (money, another catcher), my ideal situation would be to play for the Braves,” Pierzynski said. “I grew up a Braves fan. That would be ideal, but with Brian McCann I don’t think it’s going to happen.”
I appreciate Pierzynski’s merits as a player and I think he probably gets way too much crap thrown at him for his attitude and character and stuff than is deserved. He’s had some incidents, but his teammates have almost always had his back which makes me think the “Pierzynski is a jerk” stuff is way overblown. But it also has never occurred to me that he and I would have similar rooting interests. I just … don’t know, man.
Guess it’s not that bad though. Especially when compared to the non-trivial possibility that Shane Victorino could actually be patrolling center field for Atlanta next year.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins' little wins pay off big in Game 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury