Nov 8, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Manny Ramirez‘s comeback attempt with the A’s stalled at Triple-A, but now the 40-year-old is planning to play in the Dominican Winter League.
Last winter he was ineligible to play in the DWL because he was on MLB’s suspended list, but Paul Casella of MLB.com reports that Ramirez will play for Las Aguilas.
Ramirez played 17 games at Triple-A for the A’s, hitting .317 with zero homers, three doubles, and a .697 OPS while striking out 17 times. He was released in mid-June and when Jorge L. Ortiz of USA Today caught up with Ramirez in September he was busy “taking my kids to their basketball games, their baseball games, taking them everywhere.”
Back then Ramirez said of his current status: “I have an incredible peace.”
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)