Nov 8, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez‘s comeback attempt with the A’s stalled at Triple-A, but now the 40-year-old is planning to play in the Dominican Winter League.
Last winter he was ineligible to play in the DWL because he was on MLB’s suspended list, but Paul Casella of MLB.com reports that Ramirez will play for Las Aguilas.
Ramirez played 17 games at Triple-A for the A’s, hitting .317 with zero homers, three doubles, and a .697 OPS while striking out 17 times. He was released in mid-June and when Jorge L. Ortiz of USA Today caught up with Ramirez in September he was busy “taking my kids to their basketball games, their baseball games, taking them everywhere.”
Back then Ramirez said of his current status: “I have an incredible peace.”
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)