Nov 8, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez‘s comeback attempt with the A’s stalled at Triple-A, but now the 40-year-old is planning to play in the Dominican Winter League.
Last winter he was ineligible to play in the DWL because he was on MLB’s suspended list, but Paul Casella of MLB.com reports that Ramirez will play for Las Aguilas.
Ramirez played 17 games at Triple-A for the A’s, hitting .317 with zero homers, three doubles, and a .697 OPS while striking out 17 times. He was released in mid-June and when Jorge L. Ortiz of USA Today caught up with Ramirez in September he was busy “taking my kids to their basketball games, their baseball games, taking them everywhere.”
Back then Ramirez said of his current status: “I have an incredible peace.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)