Nov 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
After spending one-and-a-half seasons in Texas reliever Mike Adams is not expected to re-sign with the Rangers as a free agent, but on his way out the door he had some interesting comments about Josh Hamilton.
During an MLB Network Radio interview, Adams said of his fellow free agent:
Josh is a special talent and sometimes you have to let Josh figure it out himself. He’s a different guy sometimes. Every day you hope that Josh comes to the ballpark, shows up and plays like Josh Hamilton. Sometimes he shows up and you don’t know which Josh is going to show up at the ballpark. It’s nothing to be negative about toward Josh; that’s just the way it is. That’s what you get with Josh.
When asked if he thought the Rangers should re-sign Hamilton he called it “a difficult question to answer” but did make it clear that he’d want Hamilton as a teammate “because I know what he’s capable of doing.”
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)