Nov 8, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
After spending one-and-a-half seasons in Texas reliever Mike Adams is not expected to re-sign with the Rangers as a free agent, but on his way out the door he had some interesting comments about Josh Hamilton.
During an MLB Network Radio interview, Adams said of his fellow free agent:
Josh is a special talent and sometimes you have to let Josh figure it out himself. He’s a different guy sometimes. Every day you hope that Josh comes to the ballpark, shows up and plays like Josh Hamilton. Sometimes he shows up and you don’t know which Josh is going to show up at the ballpark. It’s nothing to be negative about toward Josh; that’s just the way it is. That’s what you get with Josh.
When asked if he thought the Rangers should re-sign Hamilton he called it “a difficult question to answer” but did make it clear that he’d want Hamilton as a teammate “because I know what he’s capable of doing.”
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 0
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)