Nov 8, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Izturis was not an offensive juggernaut for the Angels in 2012, hitting a mere .256/.320/.315 with two homers in 319 plate appearances. But he’s versatile — he can play short, second and third — and can be a reliable utility guy who, unlike a lot of utility guys, can start for extended periods if injuries occur. And at $3.3 million a year, he’s not breaking the bank.
Decent signing, I’d say.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld