Nov 8, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Izturis was not an offensive juggernaut for the Angels in 2012, hitting a mere .256/.320/.315 with two homers in 319 plate appearances. But he’s versatile — he can play short, second and third — and can be a reliable utility guy who, unlike a lot of utility guys, can start for extended periods if injuries occur. And at $3.3 million a year, he’s not breaking the bank.
Decent signing, I’d say.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 41
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 78
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld