Nov 8, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
Izturis was not an offensive juggernaut for the Angels in 2012, hitting a mere .256/.320/.315 with two homers in 319 plate appearances. But he’s versatile — he can play short, second and third — and can be a reliable utility guy who, unlike a lot of utility guys, can start for extended periods if injuries occur. And at $3.3 million a year, he’s not breaking the bank.
Decent signing, I’d say.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld