Nov 8, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Jeffress has played parts of three seasons in the bigs, two with Kansas City and one wit Milwaukee. In that time he has shown that he can throw hard, but that he walks almost as many as he strikes out. He strikes out more and walks fewer in the minors, but he’s by no means a master of control. He’s a bullpen guy at this point too.
Jeffress has tested positive for “drugs of abuse,” reportedly marijuana, on multiple occasions, serving 50-game and 100-game suspensions while in the minors. So, yeah, there is a sense of damaged goods here.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 60
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)