Nov 8, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
Jeffress has played parts of three seasons in the bigs, two with Kansas City and one wit Milwaukee. In that time he has shown that he can throw hard, but that he walks almost as many as he strikes out. He strikes out more and walks fewer in the minors, but he’s by no means a master of control. He’s a bullpen guy at this point too.
Jeffress has tested positive for “drugs of abuse,” reportedly marijuana, on multiple occasions, serving 50-game and 100-game suspensions while in the minors. So, yeah, there is a sense of damaged goods here.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 65
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 31
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)