Nov 8, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
Jeffress has played parts of three seasons in the bigs, two with Kansas City and one wit Milwaukee. In that time he has shown that he can throw hard, but that he walks almost as many as he strikes out. He strikes out more and walks fewer in the minors, but he’s by no means a master of control. He’s a bullpen guy at this point too.
Jeffress has tested positive for “drugs of abuse,” reportedly marijuana, on multiple occasions, serving 50-game and 100-game suspensions while in the minors. So, yeah, there is a sense of damaged goods here.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)