Nov 8, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Jeffress has played parts of three seasons in the bigs, two with Kansas City and one wit Milwaukee. In that time he has shown that he can throw hard, but that he walks almost as many as he strikes out. He strikes out more and walks fewer in the minors, but he’s by no means a master of control. He’s a bullpen guy at this point too.
Jeffress has tested positive for “drugs of abuse,” reportedly marijuana, on multiple occasions, serving 50-game and 100-game suspensions while in the minors. So, yeah, there is a sense of damaged goods here.
- Michael Wacha to make first rehab start Sunday with the Double-A Springfield Cardinals 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 20
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (90)