Nov 8, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Jeffress has played parts of three seasons in the bigs, two with Kansas City and one wit Milwaukee. In that time he has shown that he can throw hard, but that he walks almost as many as he strikes out. He strikes out more and walks fewer in the minors, but he’s by no means a master of control. He’s a bullpen guy at this point too.
Jeffress has tested positive for “drugs of abuse,” reportedly marijuana, on multiple occasions, serving 50-game and 100-game suspensions while in the minors. So, yeah, there is a sense of damaged goods here.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)