Nov 9, 2012, 5:41 PM EST
There are some still trickling in — and it’s possible I may have missed one — but it appears as though every single free agent who was given a qualifying offer by their team has declined them.
Josh Hamilton, Adam LaRoche, Michael Bourn, Rafael Soriano, Nick Swisher, Hiroki Kuroda, Kyle Lohse and B.J. Upton have all been reported to have done so. If there are others out there … don’t hold your breath on an acceptance.
The teams that made qualifying offers to their free agents will now get draft pick compensation from whatever teams sign these guys. They are, however, still able to sign them themselves if they are so inclined.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)