Nov 9, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
There are some still trickling in — and it’s possible I may have missed one — but it appears as though every single free agent who was given a qualifying offer by their team has declined them.
Josh Hamilton, Adam LaRoche, Michael Bourn, Rafael Soriano, Nick Swisher, Hiroki Kuroda, Kyle Lohse and B.J. Upton have all been reported to have done so. If there are others out there … don’t hold your breath on an acceptance.
The teams that made qualifying offers to their free agents will now get draft pick compensation from whatever teams sign these guys. They are, however, still able to sign them themselves if they are so inclined.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles