Nov 9, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Every Thursday morning for the past eight weeks I’ve been recapping Jeff Kent’s adventures on “Survivor,” which came to an end this week when he was voted out in ninth place during an episode filled with weirdness and culminating in the former MVP going off on a pretty memorable rant:
You know what pisses me off? I think I’ve made about 60 million dollars playing baseball and I want this frickin’ million dollars in this game. And it’s not even a million bucks, it’s 600 grand by the time Obama takes it. I’m a Game 7 World Series loser. You know, I played in the biggest games in the world and the worst games in the world, and this just sucks.
CBS’ cameras stayed with Kent after the actual episode was finished, following him to the “Ponderosa” where voted-out players stay until the entire show is over:
Some of the video highlights:
- Kent is met by R.C., the 10th-place finisher, and immediately apologizes to her for getting her voted out. He then repeatedly complains to her that “no one wanted to play” and that’s what led to his exit. Then, after eating dinner together, Kent tells the camera: “R.C. likes to talk a lot, but she’s a good girl.”
- Kent sees himself in the mirror for the first time in a month and seems shocked, saying: “This is the longest my hair has ever been. I look like a cave man.” His hair is not at all long in any sort of common usage of the word “long” and he doesn’t even have a particularly full beard. But whatever.
- He immediately shaves his beard, but leaves his famous porn-star mustache.
- They weigh him and find that he lost 22 pounds, going from 212 to 190. “I hadn’t weighed 190 pounds since high school.”
- Minutes into the first episode Kent injured his knee literally getting off the boat and guessed that it was a torn MCL. Sure enough, a doctor examines him and diagnoses him with a torn MCL, which he’d been walking and running and swimming and winning challenges with for 25 days.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 0
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 23
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 45
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)