Nov 9, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
Baltimore dropped Ford from the 40-man roster last week and none of the other 29 teams claimed him off waivers, but he’ll try to make it back to the majors as a non-roster player.
Ford’s comeback was a helluva story, as he went five years between big-league stints, but he ended up hitting just .183 in 25 games for the Orioles at age 35. With that said: LEWWWWWW!
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)