Steve Johnson’s dentist is cool

Nov 9, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT

Boston Red Sox v Baltimore Orioles Getty Images

This little story about Orioles pitcher Steve Johnson‘s trip to the dentist– and especially the picture that accompanies it —  is fun.

But it does make me wonder: do all teams make shirseys for swingmen with 38 innings under their belt? Like, could I theoretically buy a David Phelps shirsey right now?

1. bmorefanatic - Nov 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM

No one makes shirts for those players. MLB.com offers personalizing for player shirts.

2. StottsEra - Nov 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM

you can get any player you want

my girlfriend in 2007ish really liked willie harris on the braves and i got her a shirsey this way

3. tfbuckfutter - Nov 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I prefer this.

4. personalspaceinvader - Nov 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I just kept wanting to ask, “What the hell is a shirsey?”, and then in hit me. In a morbid way. Kind of like when you realize why they call them cremains.

• Cris E - Nov 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Perhaps I can interest you in my new idea for Christmas 2012: furseys!

• tfbuckfutter - Nov 9, 2012 at 10:12 AM

How about cremerseys?

Jerseys that are manufactured with a tiny bit of your favorite great’s ashes.

• tfbuckfutter - Nov 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I busted out laughing once when I was shopping with my wife because she pointed out a pair of skorts (skirt-shorts) and in my head I went “Why are they skirt-shorts instead of shorts-skirts….oh, that’d make them ‘shirts’. Duh.” So in the middle of the store I am standing there laughing at my thought train looking like a lunatic.

5. gunpowderjones - Nov 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I have a custom Ray Searage shirtsey. It’s money

6. coachbrew - Nov 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM

The Twins were selling Drew Butera shirseys at Target Field last year.

All the trade deadline news to know