Nov 9, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
Count the Milwaukee Brewers among the teams interested in free-agent right-hander Ryan Dempster, particularly now that the Los Angeles Dodgers are showing greater interest in other pitchers.
If you stop and just let your mind drift for a minute, you can almost picture Ryan Dempster in a Brewers jersey already. Not envisioning a future in which he pitches in Milwaukee, but an actual past — 2001? 2005? — in which he was in the Brewers rotation.
I know he never played for them, but it seems like he should have for some reason. Like, can we just erase those two years he pitched for the Reds — which I bet most of you had totally forgotten about anyway — and just agree that he spent those years with Milwaukee?
There are a lot of players like that, actually. Guys who never pitched for Team A but for whom it takes almost no effort at all to imagine that they did.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)