Nov 9, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
Count the Milwaukee Brewers among the teams interested in free-agent right-hander Ryan Dempster, particularly now that the Los Angeles Dodgers are showing greater interest in other pitchers.
If you stop and just let your mind drift for a minute, you can almost picture Ryan Dempster in a Brewers jersey already. Not envisioning a future in which he pitches in Milwaukee, but an actual past — 2001? 2005? — in which he was in the Brewers rotation.
I know he never played for them, but it seems like he should have for some reason. Like, can we just erase those two years he pitched for the Reds — which I bet most of you had totally forgotten about anyway — and just agree that he spent those years with Milwaukee?
There are a lot of players like that, actually. Guys who never pitched for Team A but for whom it takes almost no effort at all to imagine that they did.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)