Nov 9, 2012, 8:54 AM EDT
Count the Milwaukee Brewers among the teams interested in free-agent right-hander Ryan Dempster, particularly now that the Los Angeles Dodgers are showing greater interest in other pitchers.
If you stop and just let your mind drift for a minute, you can almost picture Ryan Dempster in a Brewers jersey already. Not envisioning a future in which he pitches in Milwaukee, but an actual past — 2001? 2005? — in which he was in the Brewers rotation.
I know he never played for them, but it seems like he should have for some reason. Like, can we just erase those two years he pitched for the Reds — which I bet most of you had totally forgotten about anyway — and just agree that he spent those years with Milwaukee?
There are a lot of players like that, actually. Guys who never pitched for Team A but for whom it takes almost no effort at all to imagine that they did.
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
Reds ace Johnny Cueto was scratched from a start last week after experiencing stiffness in his right elbow, but an MRI taken Tuesday afternoon came up clean …
May 27, 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
Harper has slugged 13 home runs over his last 19 games.
May 27, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams tore his right quadriceps muscle Tuesday while legging out a double.
May 27, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
Santos had registered an underwhelming 4.73 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, and 15/7 K/BB ratio in 13 1/3 innings of relief this season for the Dodgers.
May 27, 2015, 7:18 PM EDT
Just call him Jimmy “The Jet” Paredes.
May 27, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Peguero was designated for assignment by the Rangers on May 20 after batting .186/.310/.414 with four home runs and nine RBI in 84 plate appearances.
May 27, 2015, 5:19 PM EDT
Adams was off to a slow start this season, but he’s hit .277 with a .770 OPS in 320 games for the Cardinals since debuting in 2012.
May 27, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
Everything ends badly. Otherwise it wouldn’t end.
May 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
A bad season for the A’s is starting to look worse.
May 27, 2015, 4:19 PM EDT
The incident is alleged to have occurred this past weekend.
May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Crazy things are happening in Minnesota.
Felix Hernandez and Chris Archer dueled. Chris Archer, by one measure, pitched better. Felix Hernandez won.
May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Game scores are interesting things. Wins — the team kind, anyway — are far more satisfying.
May 27, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
And Missouri continues to represent well.
May 27, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
De Aza played very well for the Orioles down the stretch last season.
May 27, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
Verlander will start Sunday at Triple-A.
May 27, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Several reports last week had the Angels in the market for outfield help.
May 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
“A multimedia show featuring a virtual Selig.” Yes, that’s actually a thing.
May 27, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
He’s about 11 months removed from Tommy John surgery.
May 27, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Coke signed a one-year, $2.25 million deal with the Cubs this offseason.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 33
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 45
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)