Nov 9, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
The Reds could use a leadoff guy, so ..
The Reds, who tried but failed to acquire a leadoff hitter at midseason, are interested in Michael Bourn, according to sources.
That’s Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, who notes that, no, the Reds aren’t favorites. Which makes sense given the sort of money Bourn is likely looking for and the sort of money the Reds tend to spend on free agents.
If they want a center fielder/leadoff guy you have to figure that they’ll be knocking on the same doors the Braves are to replace Bourn, not knocking on Bourn’s door itself.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)