Nov 9, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
The Reds could use a leadoff guy, so ..
The Reds, who tried but failed to acquire a leadoff hitter at midseason, are interested in Michael Bourn, according to sources.
That’s Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, who notes that, no, the Reds aren’t favorites. Which makes sense given the sort of money Bourn is likely looking for and the sort of money the Reds tend to spend on free agents.
If they want a center fielder/leadoff guy you have to figure that they’ll be knocking on the same doors the Braves are to replace Bourn, not knocking on Bourn’s door itself.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 10
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)