Nov 9, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
The Reds could use a leadoff guy, so ..
The Reds, who tried but failed to acquire a leadoff hitter at midseason, are interested in Michael Bourn, according to sources.
That’s Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, who notes that, no, the Reds aren’t favorites. Which makes sense given the sort of money Bourn is likely looking for and the sort of money the Reds tend to spend on free agents.
If they want a center fielder/leadoff guy you have to figure that they’ll be knocking on the same doors the Braves are to replace Bourn, not knocking on Bourn’s door itself.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 23
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)