Nov 9, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
The Reds could use a leadoff guy, so ..
The Reds, who tried but failed to acquire a leadoff hitter at midseason, are interested in Michael Bourn, according to sources.
That’s Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, who notes that, no, the Reds aren’t favorites. Which makes sense given the sort of money Bourn is likely looking for and the sort of money the Reds tend to spend on free agents.
If they want a center fielder/leadoff guy you have to figure that they’ll be knocking on the same doors the Braves are to replace Bourn, not knocking on Bourn’s door itself.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)