Nov 10, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
But it doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen.
A source told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times on Saturday that Ethier is “not on the trading block.” Presumably because the Dodgers couldn’t find an organization willing to take on the $85 million in guaranteed money that remains on the 30-year-old’s somewhat-freshly-inked contract.
Ethier has posted an underwhelming .288/.359/.442 slash line since the start of the 2011 season. He has topped 30 home runs just once in his career and he’s trending in the wrong direction defensively.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)