Nov 10, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
But it doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen.
A source told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times on Saturday that Ethier is “not on the trading block.” Presumably because the Dodgers couldn’t find an organization willing to take on the $85 million in guaranteed money that remains on the 30-year-old’s somewhat-freshly-inked contract.
Ethier has posted an underwhelming .288/.359/.442 slash line since the start of the 2011 season. He has topped 30 home runs just once in his career and he’s trending in the wrong direction defensively.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 84
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)