Nov 10, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
But it doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen.
A source told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times on Saturday that Ethier is “not on the trading block.” Presumably because the Dodgers couldn’t find an organization willing to take on the $85 million in guaranteed money that remains on the 30-year-old’s somewhat-freshly-inked contract.
Ethier has posted an underwhelming .288/.359/.442 slash line since the start of the 2011 season. He has topped 30 home runs just once in his career and he’s trending in the wrong direction defensively.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)