Nov 10, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Courtesy of the Yankees’ team Twitter account, here’s a picture of CC Sabathia helping repaint and revamp the Hoboken Girls and Boys Club, which was flooded as a result of Hurricane Sandy. By the way, it looks like his surgically-repaired left elbow is doing just fine.
Steven Miller of MLB.com notes that Sabathia’s PitCCh In Foundation was originally scheduled to have a fundraiser at Lucky Strike yesterday and a scavenger hunt through Central Park today, but they redirected their efforts to help out after the hurricane. Sabathia’s wife, Amber, is the foundation’s co-founder and executive director.
In addition to Sabathia’s volunteer effort at the Boys and Girls Club, the Yankees’ ace also did his part to help area families get back on their feet. He purchased a long list of items which were distributed to those in need this morning at the HOPES Community Action Partnership in Hoboken. Well done, Sabathias.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)