Nov 10, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Courtesy of the Yankees’ team Twitter account, here’s a picture of CC Sabathia helping repaint and revamp the Hoboken Girls and Boys Club, which was flooded as a result of Hurricane Sandy. By the way, it looks like his surgically-repaired left elbow is doing just fine.
Steven Miller of MLB.com notes that Sabathia’s PitCCh In Foundation was originally scheduled to have a fundraiser at Lucky Strike yesterday and a scavenger hunt through Central Park today, but they redirected their efforts to help out after the hurricane. Sabathia’s wife, Amber, is the foundation’s co-founder and executive director.
In addition to Sabathia’s volunteer effort at the Boys and Girls Club, the Yankees’ ace also did his part to help area families get back on their feet. He purchased a long list of items which were distributed to those in need this morning at the HOPES Community Action Partnership in Hoboken. Well done, Sabathias.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)