Nov 10, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Courtesy of the Yankees’ team Twitter account, here’s a picture of CC Sabathia helping repaint and revamp the Hoboken Girls and Boys Club, which was flooded as a result of Hurricane Sandy. By the way, it looks like his surgically-repaired left elbow is doing just fine.
Steven Miller of MLB.com notes that Sabathia’s PitCCh In Foundation was originally scheduled to have a fundraiser at Lucky Strike yesterday and a scavenger hunt through Central Park today, but they redirected their efforts to help out after the hurricane. Sabathia’s wife, Amber, is the foundation’s co-founder and executive director.
In addition to Sabathia’s volunteer effort at the Boys and Girls Club, the Yankees’ ace also did his part to help area families get back on their feet. He purchased a long list of items which were distributed to those in need this morning at the HOPES Community Action Partnership in Hoboken. Well done, Sabathias.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 31
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27