Nov 10, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Courtesy of the Yankees’ team Twitter account, here’s a picture of CC Sabathia helping repaint and revamp the Hoboken Girls and Boys Club, which was flooded as a result of Hurricane Sandy. By the way, it looks like his surgically-repaired left elbow is doing just fine.
Steven Miller of MLB.com notes that Sabathia’s PitCCh In Foundation was originally scheduled to have a fundraiser at Lucky Strike yesterday and a scavenger hunt through Central Park today, but they redirected their efforts to help out after the hurricane. Sabathia’s wife, Amber, is the foundation’s co-founder and executive director.
In addition to Sabathia’s volunteer effort at the Boys and Girls Club, the Yankees’ ace also did his part to help area families get back on their feet. He purchased a long list of items which were distributed to those in need this morning at the HOPES Community Action Partnership in Hoboken. Well done, Sabathias.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)