Nov 10, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Courtesy of the Yankees’ team Twitter account, here’s a picture of CC Sabathia helping repaint and revamp the Hoboken Girls and Boys Club, which was flooded as a result of Hurricane Sandy. By the way, it looks like his surgically-repaired left elbow is doing just fine.
Steven Miller of MLB.com notes that Sabathia’s PitCCh In Foundation was originally scheduled to have a fundraiser at Lucky Strike yesterday and a scavenger hunt through Central Park today, but they redirected their efforts to help out after the hurricane. Sabathia’s wife, Amber, is the foundation’s co-founder and executive director.
In addition to Sabathia’s volunteer effort at the Boys and Girls Club, the Yankees’ ace also did his part to help area families get back on their feet. He purchased a long list of items which were distributed to those in need this morning at the HOPES Community Action Partnership in Hoboken. Well done, Sabathias.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)