Nov 11, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
The Reds are considering moving left-hander Aroldis Chapman into their starting rotation next season.
So they’ll need to make an addition or two this winter in order to beef up the back end of their bullpen.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cincy front office has been “talking to” free agent right-hander Joakim Soria, who underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in early April. He is expected to be ready at some point in early-to-mid May. The Reds might also re-sign right-hander Ryan Madson, who is recovering from the same procedure but should be good by Opening Day.
Soria, 28, owns a sparkling 2.40 career ERA and 1.04 career WHIP. He is 160-for-180 in save chances.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 72
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)