Nov 11, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
The Reds are considering moving left-hander Aroldis Chapman into their starting rotation next season.
So they’ll need to make an addition or two this winter in order to beef up the back end of their bullpen.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cincy front office has been “talking to” free agent right-hander Joakim Soria, who underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in early April. He is expected to be ready at some point in early-to-mid May. The Reds might also re-sign right-hander Ryan Madson, who is recovering from the same procedure but should be good by Opening Day.
Soria, 28, owns a sparkling 2.40 career ERA and 1.04 career WHIP. He is 160-for-180 in save chances.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)