Nov 11, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
The Reds are considering moving left-hander Aroldis Chapman into their starting rotation next season.
So they’ll need to make an addition or two this winter in order to beef up the back end of their bullpen.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cincy front office has been “talking to” free agent right-hander Joakim Soria, who underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in early April. He is expected to be ready at some point in early-to-mid May. The Reds might also re-sign right-hander Ryan Madson, who is recovering from the same procedure but should be good by Opening Day.
Soria, 28, owns a sparkling 2.40 career ERA and 1.04 career WHIP. He is 160-for-180 in save chances.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)