Nov 11, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
The Reds are considering moving left-hander Aroldis Chapman into their starting rotation next season.
So they’ll need to make an addition or two this winter in order to beef up the back end of their bullpen.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cincy front office has been “talking to” free agent right-hander Joakim Soria, who underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in early April. He is expected to be ready at some point in early-to-mid May. The Reds might also re-sign right-hander Ryan Madson, who is recovering from the same procedure but should be good by Opening Day.
Soria, 28, owns a sparkling 2.40 career ERA and 1.04 career WHIP. He is 160-for-180 in save chances.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)