Nov 11, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
The Reds are considering moving left-hander Aroldis Chapman into their starting rotation next season.
So they’ll need to make an addition or two this winter in order to beef up the back end of their bullpen.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cincy front office has been “talking to” free agent right-hander Joakim Soria, who underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in early April. He is expected to be ready at some point in early-to-mid May. The Reds might also re-sign right-hander Ryan Madson, who is recovering from the same procedure but should be good by Opening Day.
Soria, 28, owns a sparkling 2.40 career ERA and 1.04 career WHIP. He is 160-for-180 in save chances.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)