Nov 12, 2012, 9:14 AM EST
Over the weekend, Matthew sketched out a way the Red Sox could still use Mike Napoli despite the fact that they signed David Ross and still have Ryan Lavarnway and Jarrod Saltalamacchia hanging around. Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that that option is definitely still on the table. Indeed, his column today seems like an advocacy piece for Napoli.
When you have a team that’s kinda sorta rebuilding — or reloading or rejiggering or whatever you want to say what the Red Sox are doing — the kind of flexibility Napoli would provide seems to make a lot of sense.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 0
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)