Nov 12, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
Over the weekend, Matthew sketched out a way the Red Sox could still use Mike Napoli despite the fact that they signed David Ross and still have Ryan Lavarnway and Jarrod Saltalamacchia hanging around. Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that that option is definitely still on the table. Indeed, his column today seems like an advocacy piece for Napoli.
When you have a team that’s kinda sorta rebuilding — or reloading or rejiggering or whatever you want to say what the Red Sox are doing — the kind of flexibility Napoli would provide seems to make a lot of sense.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 50
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)