Nov 12, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
Over the weekend, Matthew sketched out a way the Red Sox could still use Mike Napoli despite the fact that they signed David Ross and still have Ryan Lavarnway and Jarrod Saltalamacchia hanging around. Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that that option is definitely still on the table. Indeed, his column today seems like an advocacy piece for Napoli.
When you have a team that’s kinda sorta rebuilding — or reloading or rejiggering or whatever you want to say what the Red Sox are doing — the kind of flexibility Napoli would provide seems to make a lot of sense.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)