Nov 12, 2012, 9:14 AM EST
Over the weekend, Matthew sketched out a way the Red Sox could still use Mike Napoli despite the fact that they signed David Ross and still have Ryan Lavarnway and Jarrod Saltalamacchia hanging around. Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that that option is definitely still on the table. Indeed, his column today seems like an advocacy piece for Napoli.
When you have a team that’s kinda sorta rebuilding — or reloading or rejiggering or whatever you want to say what the Red Sox are doing — the kind of flexibility Napoli would provide seems to make a lot of sense.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)