Nov 12, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
Over the weekend, Matthew sketched out a way the Red Sox could still use Mike Napoli despite the fact that they signed David Ross and still have Ryan Lavarnway and Jarrod Saltalamacchia hanging around. Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that that option is definitely still on the table. Indeed, his column today seems like an advocacy piece for Napoli.
When you have a team that’s kinda sorta rebuilding — or reloading or rejiggering or whatever you want to say what the Red Sox are doing — the kind of flexibility Napoli would provide seems to make a lot of sense.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)