Mike Trout is going to win the AL Rookie of the Year tonight

Nov 12, 2012, 8:15 AM EDT

Mike Trout Getty Images

At least you have to assume he is. I mean, if there was ever an award that you’d bet your first born on, this would have to be it, right?  NL Rookie of the Year is a little less certain.  I’d go with Wade Miley, but there are arguments for Todd Frazier and Bryce Harper too.

Anyway, that all goes down tonight at 6PM on MLB Network. Manager of the Year will be named tomorrow, the Cy Young Awards are set for Wednesday and the MVP awards will be announced on Thursday.

The finalists for each award were named last week.

1. indaburg - Nov 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Is Mookie aware that her future rests with Trout winning the AL Rookie of the Year?

• stex52 - Nov 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Craig’s right. Even if she is on the line, she should sleep like a baby tonight. How can it be anyone else?

But then again, maybe a new set of parents would give her a name a girl could work with a little more. :-)

• proudlycanadian - Nov 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Also, a new set of parents would be on the hook for the cost of college and the extravagant wedding. Cheers Craig!

• historiophiliac - Nov 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

When she’s 14 and he’s harassing her about all the time she spends in the bathroom, she’ll complain: That stupid Mike Trout, why couldn’t he lose and I get BETTER PARENTS! OMG! I have no privacy! Leave me alone!!!!

2. skeleteeth - Nov 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Harper would be my pick even with all the hype. Having the September he did after a mid-season slump is impressive at any stage in an MLB career and is what should push him over the top, in my opinion.

3. Old Gator - Nov 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Dammit, Craig, you just took all the suspense out of it.

4. heyblueyoustink - Nov 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Maybe the NL ROY should be decided by a Lumberjack match?

5. willclarkgameface - Nov 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Trout for AL Rookie of the Year
    Frazier for NL Rookie of the Year

Let’s do this!

6. randyt03 - Nov 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Well I thought he was a shoe in for the Gold Glove, but we saw how that turned out…

• sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Nov 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I think the gold glove was just a matter of playing time at any one position. He probably could have won either LF or CF if he had played either exclusively.

7. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Nov 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I think Miguel Cabrera should win it. You can’t argue with the triple crown.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3969)