Nov 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Q: Hey, Hoynsie: The New York Mets parted ways with Jason Bay on Wednesday. Jason played well for Terry Francona in Boston and is a right-handed hitter who plays left field. Any chance Francona and the Indians would make him an offer? He’d fit two needs for us and maybe resurrect his career. — Erick Golden, Westfield, N.J.
A: Hey, Erick: Asked Chris Antonetti about Bay last week at the GM meetings. He didn’t come out and say his name, but I would imagine Bay is on the Tribe’s radar.
Scott Boras says the Indians don’t want to win, Chris Antonetti signs Jason Bay and drops the mic.
Then Indians fans smack their heads in frustration.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)