Nov 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Q: Hey, Hoynsie: The New York Mets parted ways with Jason Bay on Wednesday. Jason played well for Terry Francona in Boston and is a right-handed hitter who plays left field. Any chance Francona and the Indians would make him an offer? He’d fit two needs for us and maybe resurrect his career. — Erick Golden, Westfield, N.J.
A: Hey, Erick: Asked Chris Antonetti about Bay last week at the GM meetings. He didn’t come out and say his name, but I would imagine Bay is on the Tribe’s radar.
Scott Boras says the Indians don’t want to win, Chris Antonetti signs Jason Bay and drops the mic.
Then Indians fans smack their heads in frustration.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)