Nov 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Q: Hey, Hoynsie: The New York Mets parted ways with Jason Bay on Wednesday. Jason played well for Terry Francona in Boston and is a right-handed hitter who plays left field. Any chance Francona and the Indians would make him an offer? He’d fit two needs for us and maybe resurrect his career. — Erick Golden, Westfield, N.J.
A: Hey, Erick: Asked Chris Antonetti about Bay last week at the GM meetings. He didn’t come out and say his name, but I would imagine Bay is on the Tribe’s radar.
Scott Boras says the Indians don’t want to win, Chris Antonetti signs Jason Bay and drops the mic.
Then Indians fans smack their heads in frustration.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 127
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (124)