Nov 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Q: Hey, Hoynsie: The New York Mets parted ways with Jason Bay on Wednesday. Jason played well for Terry Francona in Boston and is a right-handed hitter who plays left field. Any chance Francona and the Indians would make him an offer? He’d fit two needs for us and maybe resurrect his career. — Erick Golden, Westfield, N.J.
A: Hey, Erick: Asked Chris Antonetti about Bay last week at the GM meetings. He didn’t come out and say his name, but I would imagine Bay is on the Tribe’s radar.
Scott Boras says the Indians don’t want to win, Chris Antonetti signs Jason Bay and drops the mic.
Then Indians fans smack their heads in frustration.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)