Nov 12, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Q: Hey, Hoynsie: The New York Mets parted ways with Jason Bay on Wednesday. Jason played well for Terry Francona in Boston and is a right-handed hitter who plays left field. Any chance Francona and the Indians would make him an offer? He’d fit two needs for us and maybe resurrect his career. — Erick Golden, Westfield, N.J.
A: Hey, Erick: Asked Chris Antonetti about Bay last week at the GM meetings. He didn’t come out and say his name, but I would imagine Bay is on the Tribe’s radar.
Scott Boras says the Indians don’t want to win, Chris Antonetti signs Jason Bay and drops the mic.
Then Indians fans smack their heads in frustration.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)