Nov 12, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
At a time when catchers’ game of musical chairs is playing out, free agent Russell Martin is among those being considered by the Rangers.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) November 12, 2012
Worth noting that for all of these catchers playing musical chairs, the Braves still have no catcher at all for Opening Day 2013, having lost their starter to injury and their backup to free agency.
Anyone have Bruce Benedict’s number?
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)