Nov 13, 2012, 6:13 PM EDT
UPDATE, 8:58 PM: Olney says the 12-player trade might not be finalized until sometime Wednesday.
UPDATE, 7:49 PM: Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel adds that right-handed prospect Anthony DeSclafani is going to Miami. That’s the final piece of the puzzle. Here’s the breakdown:
UPDATE, 7:45 PM: The Marlins will also receive catcher Jeff Mathis from the Blue Jays, according to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun. Elliott also says it’ll be a 12-player swap when all is said and done.
UPDATE, 7:34 PM: ESPN’s Keith Law says there is “zero” chance the trade gets nixed by Bud Selig.
UPDATE, 7:20 PM: Rosenthal notes that the trade is “not yet official” because Major League Baseball has not been given all the details. Trades involving money require approval from the commissioner.
UPDATE, 6:58 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that Jake Marisnick, a 21-year-old outfield prospect with a .278/.351/.436 career batting line in the minor leagues, will also be joining the Marlins organization.
UPDATE, 6:41 PM: The Fish will get shortstop Yunel Escobar, infield prospect Adeiny Hechavarria, right-handed starter Henderson Alvarez and lefty prospect Justin Nicolino, according to various reports.
UPDATE, 6:34 PM: Morosi says Johnson, Buehrle and Reyes are all going to the Blue Jays, along with catcher John Buck and infielder-outfielder Emilio Bonifacio. The firesale of all firesales.
6:13 PM: According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal, the Blue Jays are on the “verge of acquiring” right-handed starter Josh Johnson and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle from the Marlins. Shortstop Jose Reyes may also be heading north. Much, much more to come, obviously.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)