Nov 13, 2012, 6:13 PM EST
UPDATE, 8:58 PM: Olney says the 12-player trade might not be finalized until sometime Wednesday.
UPDATE, 7:49 PM: Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel adds that right-handed prospect Anthony DeSclafani is going to Miami. That’s the final piece of the puzzle. Here’s the breakdown:
UPDATE, 7:45 PM: The Marlins will also receive catcher Jeff Mathis from the Blue Jays, according to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun. Elliott also says it’ll be a 12-player swap when all is said and done.
UPDATE, 7:34 PM: ESPN’s Keith Law says there is “zero” chance the trade gets nixed by Bud Selig.
UPDATE, 7:20 PM: Rosenthal notes that the trade is “not yet official” because Major League Baseball has not been given all the details. Trades involving money require approval from the commissioner.
UPDATE, 6:58 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that Jake Marisnick, a 21-year-old outfield prospect with a .278/.351/.436 career batting line in the minor leagues, will also be joining the Marlins organization.
UPDATE, 6:41 PM: The Fish will get shortstop Yunel Escobar, infield prospect Adeiny Hechavarria, right-handed starter Henderson Alvarez and lefty prospect Justin Nicolino, according to various reports.
UPDATE, 6:34 PM: Morosi says Johnson, Buehrle and Reyes are all going to the Blue Jays, along with catcher John Buck and infielder-outfielder Emilio Bonifacio. The firesale of all firesales.
6:13 PM: According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal, the Blue Jays are on the “verge of acquiring” right-handed starter Josh Johnson and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle from the Marlins. Shortstop Jose Reyes may also be heading north. Much, much more to come, obviously.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)