Nov 13, 2012, 6:13 PM EDT
UPDATE, 8:58 PM: Olney says the 12-player trade might not be finalized until sometime Wednesday.
UPDATE, 7:49 PM: Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel adds that right-handed prospect Anthony DeSclafani is going to Miami. That’s the final piece of the puzzle. Here’s the breakdown:
UPDATE, 7:45 PM: The Marlins will also receive catcher Jeff Mathis from the Blue Jays, according to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun. Elliott also says it’ll be a 12-player swap when all is said and done.
UPDATE, 7:34 PM: ESPN’s Keith Law says there is “zero” chance the trade gets nixed by Bud Selig.
UPDATE, 7:20 PM: Rosenthal notes that the trade is “not yet official” because Major League Baseball has not been given all the details. Trades involving money require approval from the commissioner.
UPDATE, 6:58 PM: ESPN’s Buster Olney reports that Jake Marisnick, a 21-year-old outfield prospect with a .278/.351/.436 career batting line in the minor leagues, will also be joining the Marlins organization.
UPDATE, 6:41 PM: The Fish will get shortstop Yunel Escobar, infield prospect Adeiny Hechavarria, right-handed starter Henderson Alvarez and lefty prospect Justin Nicolino, according to various reports.
UPDATE, 6:34 PM: Morosi says Johnson, Buehrle and Reyes are all going to the Blue Jays, along with catcher John Buck and infielder-outfielder Emilio Bonifacio. The firesale of all firesales.
6:13 PM: According to FOX Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal, the Blue Jays are on the “verge of acquiring” right-handed starter Josh Johnson and left-handed starter Mark Buehrle from the Marlins. Shortstop Jose Reyes may also be heading north. Much, much more to come, obviously.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (208)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)