Nov 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
People have been having all kinds of fun over the past few days making up petitions on the White House’s official website. Most of them involve either Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union because of the Obama win or non-Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union on general principles.
But politics is so last Tuesday. Let’s see how citizens are getting democracy to work in baseball:
I’m not sure why George R.R. Martin and Francoeur get lumped together, but I suppose they’re both worthy causes.
As of this post going live, eight people have signed it. Follow the link to add your voice to the growing chorus.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 16
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 26
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 26
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)