Nov 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
People have been having all kinds of fun over the past few days making up petitions on the White House’s official website. Most of them involve either Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union because of the Obama win or non-Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union on general principles.
But politics is so last Tuesday. Let’s see how citizens are getting democracy to work in baseball:
I’m not sure why George R.R. Martin and Francoeur get lumped together, but I suppose they’re both worthy causes.
As of this post going live, eight people have signed it. Follow the link to add your voice to the growing chorus.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)