Nov 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
People have been having all kinds of fun over the past few days making up petitions on the White House’s official website. Most of them involve either Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union because of the Obama win or non-Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union on general principles.
But politics is so last Tuesday. Let’s see how citizens are getting democracy to work in baseball:
I’m not sure why George R.R. Martin and Francoeur get lumped together, but I suppose they’re both worthy causes.
As of this post going live, eight people have signed it. Follow the link to add your voice to the growing chorus.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 32
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL