Nov 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
People have been having all kinds of fun over the past few days making up petitions on the White House’s official website. Most of them involve either Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union because of the Obama win or non-Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union on general principles.
But politics is so last Tuesday. Let’s see how citizens are getting democracy to work in baseball:
I’m not sure why George R.R. Martin and Francoeur get lumped together, but I suppose they’re both worthy causes.
As of this post going live, eight people have signed it. Follow the link to add your voice to the growing chorus.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 0
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 16
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)