Nov 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
People have been having all kinds of fun over the past few days making up petitions on the White House’s official website. Most of them involve either Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union because of the Obama win or non-Texans wanting Texas to secede from the union on general principles.
But politics is so last Tuesday. Let’s see how citizens are getting democracy to work in baseball:
I’m not sure why George R.R. Martin and Francoeur get lumped together, but I suppose they’re both worthy causes.
As of this post going live, eight people have signed it. Follow the link to add your voice to the growing chorus.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 10
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)