Nov 13, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
In joining the increasing number of teams to employ a pair of hitting coaches the Dodgers have hired John Valentin as their assistant hitting coach.
He’ll work alongside new hitting coach Mark McGwire, who left the Cardinals for the Dodgers last week.
Valentin retired as a player in 2002 following an 11-year career spent mostly with the Red Sox and has been coaching and managing the Dodgers’ farm system for the past six seasons.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)