Nov 13, 2012, 9:21 PM EST
The big firesale in Miami might not be finished.
Two different baseball executives told Joel Sherman of the New York Post on Tuesday night that right-handed starter Ricky Nolasco will be “next to go” as the Marlins’ front office looks to unload any player making — or in line to make — a decent wage.
Nolasco has an underwhelming 4.58 ERA and 1.38 WHIP in 64 starts since the beginning of the 2011 campaign, but he has averaged 190 innings per season since 2008. That durability could pique the interest of a team in need of rotation depth.
The 29-year-old from Corona, California is owed $11.5 million in 2013 and is scheduled to hit the free agent market after that. If the Fish are willing to eat a couple million, Nolasco could go pretty fast.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)