Nov 13, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Today the team announced the hiring of Dante Bichette as hitting coach.
Bichette and first-year manager Walt Weiss were Rockies teammates from 1994-1997 and if nothing else Bichette is more qualified than anyone when it comes to taking advantage of Coors Field, where he hit .358 with a 1.035 OPS in 397 games while being mediocre away from high altitude.
And most importantly the Rockies hiring Bichette gives me an excuse to link to this picture of him again. Never gets old.
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants concussions to remain part of the game 0
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 13
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 24
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 28
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 64
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)