Nov 13, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Today the team announced the hiring of Dante Bichette as hitting coach.
Bichette and first-year manager Walt Weiss were Rockies teammates from 1994-1997 and if nothing else Bichette is more qualified than anyone when it comes to taking advantage of Coors Field, where he hit .358 with a 1.035 OPS in 397 games while being mediocre away from high altitude.
And most importantly the Rockies hiring Bichette gives me an excuse to link to this picture of him again. Never gets old.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)