Nov 13, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Flexibility and a shallow third and first base free agent market are helping Youkilis, it would seem. Because on the merits he is not a great free agent candidate. Morosi notes his improvement after leaving for Boston, but it wasn’t dramatic improvement. He hit .236/.346/.425 in 80 games for the White Sox. He hit .235/.336/.409 in 438 at-bats overall. And he gets hurt a lot.
I sort of fee like a best case for him in 2013 is to get signed by a non-contender, have a nice couple of rebound months and then get shipped to a contender as a super-sub/bench bat kind of guy. But maybe that’s just be being bored in November and making up story lines.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)