Nov 13, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Flexibility and a shallow third and first base free agent market are helping Youkilis, it would seem. Because on the merits he is not a great free agent candidate. Morosi notes his improvement after leaving for Boston, but it wasn’t dramatic improvement. He hit .236/.346/.425 in 80 games for the White Sox. He hit .235/.336/.409 in 438 at-bats overall. And he gets hurt a lot.
I sort of fee like a best case for him in 2013 is to get signed by a non-contender, have a nice couple of rebound months and then get shipped to a contender as a super-sub/bench bat kind of guy. But maybe that’s just be being bored in November and making up story lines.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)