Nov 13, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
This seems almost inevitable, yes? Jon Paul Morosi:
The Atlanta Braves, looking to add an outfield bat, have interest in signing free-agent outfielder Cody Ross, according to a major-league source.
With Torii Hunter likely choosing between the Rangers and Tigers, the Braves are pursuing another of the top right-handed bats on the market. Ross posted an .807 OPS with 22 home runs in 130 games with the Boston Red Sox this year.
They could do worse. They have holes in left field and third base, and Martin Prado will play in one of those positions. Assuming that the Braves aren’t in Torii Hunter or Josh Hamilton‘s tax bracket, Cody Ross is a better option than anyone else, either at third or left. Him or Ryan Ludwick, I guess.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 35
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)