Nov 13, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
This seems almost inevitable, yes? Jon Paul Morosi:
The Atlanta Braves, looking to add an outfield bat, have interest in signing free-agent outfielder Cody Ross, according to a major-league source.
With Torii Hunter likely choosing between the Rangers and Tigers, the Braves are pursuing another of the top right-handed bats on the market. Ross posted an .807 OPS with 22 home runs in 130 games with the Boston Red Sox this year.
They could do worse. They have holes in left field and third base, and Martin Prado will play in one of those positions. Assuming that the Braves aren’t in Torii Hunter or Josh Hamilton‘s tax bracket, Cody Ross is a better option than anyone else, either at third or left. Him or Ryan Ludwick, I guess.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)