Nov 13, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
This seems almost inevitable, yes? Jon Paul Morosi:
The Atlanta Braves, looking to add an outfield bat, have interest in signing free-agent outfielder Cody Ross, according to a major-league source.
With Torii Hunter likely choosing between the Rangers and Tigers, the Braves are pursuing another of the top right-handed bats on the market. Ross posted an .807 OPS with 22 home runs in 130 games with the Boston Red Sox this year.
They could do worse. They have holes in left field and third base, and Martin Prado will play in one of those positions. Assuming that the Braves aren’t in Torii Hunter or Josh Hamilton‘s tax bracket, Cody Ross is a better option than anyone else, either at third or left. Him or Ryan Ludwick, I guess.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)