Nov 13, 2012, 5:03 PM EDT
This seems almost inevitable, yes? Jon Paul Morosi:
The Atlanta Braves, looking to add an outfield bat, have interest in signing free-agent outfielder Cody Ross, according to a major-league source.
With Torii Hunter likely choosing between the Rangers and Tigers, the Braves are pursuing another of the top right-handed bats on the market. Ross posted an .807 OPS with 22 home runs in 130 games with the Boston Red Sox this year.
They could do worse. They have holes in left field and third base, and Martin Prado will play in one of those positions. Assuming that the Braves aren’t in Torii Hunter or Josh Hamilton‘s tax bracket, Cody Ross is a better option than anyone else, either at third or left. Him or Ryan Ludwick, I guess.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 12
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims