Nov 13, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Kind of a bummer free agent year. Unlike years past, there is not one guy who is going to motivate anyone to check with the FAA to see if and when a plane with him on it is en route to the city of a team wooing him. Those reports are almost always wrong, of course, but they’re a hell of a lot of fun.
In the meantime, we’ll settle for this:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 13, 2012
Anyone wanna go stand outside of Slow’s BBQ on Michigan Avenue to see if Dave Dombrowski and Hunter have lunch there? Because if they are really serious, that’s where they’ll take him.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)