Nov 13, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Kind of a bummer free agent year. Unlike years past, there is not one guy who is going to motivate anyone to check with the FAA to see if and when a plane with him on it is en route to the city of a team wooing him. Those reports are almost always wrong, of course, but they’re a hell of a lot of fun.
In the meantime, we’ll settle for this:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 13, 2012
Anyone wanna go stand outside of Slow’s BBQ on Michigan Avenue to see if Dave Dombrowski and Hunter have lunch there? Because if they are really serious, that’s where they’ll take him.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 103
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris