Nov 14, 2012, 9:34 PM EST
Braves right-hander Brandon Beachy is nearly five months removed from Tommy John elbow surgery. And everything has gone according to plan so far.
According to MLB.com’s Mark Bowman, Beachy is playing catch regularly from a distance of 90 feet without experiencing any sort of lingering pain or discomfort in his right elbow and is aiming to return to the Atlanta starting rotation near the middle of June. We’d probably bet on early-to-mid July, but you can’t fault the 26-year-old for being optimistic.
Beachy had a league-leading 2.00 ERA and 0.96 WHIP through 81 innings in 2012 when he blew out his elbow during an interleague game with the Orioles. He’ll be a nice midseason addition for the 2013 Braves.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (329)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)