Nov 14, 2012, 9:34 PM EST
Braves right-hander Brandon Beachy is nearly five months removed from Tommy John elbow surgery. And everything has gone according to plan so far.
According to MLB.com’s Mark Bowman, Beachy is playing catch regularly from a distance of 90 feet without experiencing any sort of lingering pain or discomfort in his right elbow and is aiming to return to the Atlanta starting rotation near the middle of June. We’d probably bet on early-to-mid July, but you can’t fault the 26-year-old for being optimistic.
Beachy had a league-leading 2.00 ERA and 0.96 WHIP through 81 innings in 2012 when he blew out his elbow during an interleague game with the Orioles. He’ll be a nice midseason addition for the 2013 Braves.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)