Nov 14, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com says no, or at least he talked to a Marlins source who says the team has no intention of trading Stanton.
Stanton isn’t even arbitration eligible yet and can’t become a free agent until after 2016, so while Frisaro reports that the two sides haven’t talked about a long-term extension–and presumably Stanton wouldn’t be very keen on the idea if approached now–there’s little motivation for the Marlins to move him anytime soon.
Of course, a month ago the Marlins’ decision-makers were insisting there wouldn’t be a firesale this offseason and look where that got us. At this point Stanton probably hopes they’re being less than truthful about his status too.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)