Nov 14, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com says no, or at least he talked to a Marlins source who says the team has no intention of trading Stanton.
Stanton isn’t even arbitration eligible yet and can’t become a free agent until after 2016, so while Frisaro reports that the two sides haven’t talked about a long-term extension–and presumably Stanton wouldn’t be very keen on the idea if approached now–there’s little motivation for the Marlins to move him anytime soon.
Of course, a month ago the Marlins’ decision-makers were insisting there wouldn’t be a firesale this offseason and look where that got us. At this point Stanton probably hopes they’re being less than truthful about his status too.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)