Nov 14, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
David Broughton of Sports Business Journal has an interesting article about the increase in bobblehead doll giveaways across baseball, including this fact: MLB teams gave away 2.27 million bobbleheads in 2012.
That’s more than any other type of giveaway, including the usual favorites like t-shirts and hats.
There were a total of 94 bobblehead giveaway days, which is 25 percent more than last year, and the Dodgers had the most with 11.
In all bobbleheads represented 12.3 percent of the 767 total giveaways at MLB ballparks and Broughton’s article has a bunch of interesting data about the other 87.7 percent too.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)