Nov 14, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
David Broughton of Sports Business Journal has an interesting article about the increase in bobblehead doll giveaways across baseball, including this fact: MLB teams gave away 2.27 million bobbleheads in 2012.
That’s more than any other type of giveaway, including the usual favorites like t-shirts and hats.
There were a total of 94 bobblehead giveaway days, which is 25 percent more than last year, and the Dodgers had the most with 11.
In all bobbleheads represented 12.3 percent of the 767 total giveaways at MLB ballparks and Broughton’s article has a bunch of interesting data about the other 87.7 percent too.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15