Nov 14, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
David Broughton of Sports Business Journal has an interesting article about the increase in bobblehead doll giveaways across baseball, including this fact: MLB teams gave away 2.27 million bobbleheads in 2012.
That’s more than any other type of giveaway, including the usual favorites like t-shirts and hats.
There were a total of 94 bobblehead giveaway days, which is 25 percent more than last year, and the Dodgers had the most with 11.
In all bobbleheads represented 12.3 percent of the 767 total giveaways at MLB ballparks and Broughton’s article has a bunch of interesting data about the other 87.7 percent too.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)