Nov 14, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
David Broughton of Sports Business Journal has an interesting article about the increase in bobblehead doll giveaways across baseball, including this fact: MLB teams gave away 2.27 million bobbleheads in 2012.
That’s more than any other type of giveaway, including the usual favorites like t-shirts and hats.
There were a total of 94 bobblehead giveaway days, which is 25 percent more than last year, and the Dodgers had the most with 11.
In all bobbleheads represented 12.3 percent of the 767 total giveaways at MLB ballparks and Broughton’s article has a bunch of interesting data about the other 87.7 percent too.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)