Nov 14, 2012, 10:28 PM EST
And Nolasco has apparently been reading them.
Here’s Juan C. Rodriguez, who serves as the Marlins beat writer for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:
Reached out to Ricky Nolasco to get his thoughts on the pending trade between the Marlins and Blue Jays that will send Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes, John Buck and Emilio Bonifacio north. Via text, he politely declined. Couldn’t blame him.
“I’m next anyways,” Nolasco said.
The 29-year-old is owed $11.5 million in 2013 and wasn’t particularly sharp this past season, but the Fish should be able to find a suitor if they’re willing to eat some of that remaining money. Nolasco has averaged a reliable 190 innings per season since becoming a full-time major league starter back in 2008.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)