Nov 14, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
And Nolasco has apparently been reading them.
Here’s Juan C. Rodriguez, who serves as the Marlins beat writer for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:
Reached out to Ricky Nolasco to get his thoughts on the pending trade between the Marlins and Blue Jays that will send Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes, John Buck and Emilio Bonifacio north. Via text, he politely declined. Couldn’t blame him.
“I’m next anyways,” Nolasco said.
The 29-year-old is owed $11.5 million in 2013 and wasn’t particularly sharp this past season, but the Fish should be able to find a suitor if they’re willing to eat some of that remaining money. Nolasco has averaged a reliable 190 innings per season since becoming a full-time major league starter back in 2008.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12