Nov 14, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants are “optimistic” about re-signing Marco Scutaro and believes that a two-year deal will soon be done.
The NLCS MVP fits best with the Giants, by a long shot. They have a second base slot and won’t be tempted to try to give him time at shortstop, which he likely can’t play well anymore. Plus: late season + playoff hero status means good vibes all around.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final