Nov 14, 2012, 9:56 AM EST
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants are “optimistic” about re-signing Marco Scutaro and believes that a two-year deal will soon be done.
The NLCS MVP fits best with the Giants, by a long shot. They have a second base slot and won’t be tempted to try to give him time at shortstop, which he likely can’t play well anymore. Plus: late season + playoff hero status means good vibes all around.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 14
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 31
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (112)