Nov 14, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants are “optimistic” about re-signing Marco Scutaro and believes that a two-year deal will soon be done.
The NLCS MVP fits best with the Giants, by a long shot. They have a second base slot and won’t be tempted to try to give him time at shortstop, which he likely can’t play well anymore. Plus: late season + playoff hero status means good vibes all around.
- The beauty of belief 9
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 69
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)