Nov 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Dickson, a Cardinals pitcher who spent most of the past three seasons at Triple-A while also making eight appearances in the majors, is headed to Japan.
B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest reports that the Cardinals will drop Dickson from their 40-man roster in order for him to sign with the Orix Buffaloes.
Dickson was a starter at Triple-A, posting a 3.59 ERA in 466 total innings there, but at age 28 he didn’t seem to have a place in the Cardinals’ long-term plans.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 190
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)