Nov 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Dickson, a Cardinals pitcher who spent most of the past three seasons at Triple-A while also making eight appearances in the majors, is headed to Japan.
B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest reports that the Cardinals will drop Dickson from their 40-man roster in order for him to sign with the Orix Buffaloes.
Dickson was a starter at Triple-A, posting a 3.59 ERA in 466 total innings there, but at age 28 he didn’t seem to have a place in the Cardinals’ long-term plans.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)