Nov 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Dickson, a Cardinals pitcher who spent most of the past three seasons at Triple-A while also making eight appearances in the majors, is headed to Japan.
B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest reports that the Cardinals will drop Dickson from their 40-man roster in order for him to sign with the Orix Buffaloes.
Dickson was a starter at Triple-A, posting a 3.59 ERA in 466 total innings there, but at age 28 he didn’t seem to have a place in the Cardinals’ long-term plans.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)