Nov 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Dickson, a Cardinals pitcher who spent most of the past three seasons at Triple-A while also making eight appearances in the majors, is headed to Japan.
B.J. Rains of FOX Sports Midwest reports that the Cardinals will drop Dickson from their 40-man roster in order for him to sign with the Orix Buffaloes.
Dickson was a starter at Triple-A, posting a 3.59 ERA in 466 total innings there, but at age 28 he didn’t seem to have a place in the Cardinals’ long-term plans.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)