Nov 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
I started writing this post assuming the Cubs had signed catcher Dioner Navarro to a minor-league deal, but now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that it’s actually a major-league deal worth $1.75 million.
Navarro is a 28-year-old former All-Star, but not much else about him suggests $1.75 million is a worthwhile investment. He’s hit just .215 with a .594 OPS in 251 games since making that All-Star team in 2008 and spent most of this season at Triple-A.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)