Nov 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
I started writing this post assuming the Cubs had signed catcher Dioner Navarro to a minor-league deal, but now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that it’s actually a major-league deal worth $1.75 million.
Navarro is a 28-year-old former All-Star, but not much else about him suggests $1.75 million is a worthwhile investment. He’s hit just .215 with a .594 OPS in 251 games since making that All-Star team in 2008 and spent most of this season at Triple-A.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona