Nov 15, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Johnny Damon started at designated hitter and batted third for Thailand in Game 1 of the World Baseball Classic qualifier, going 1-for-3 with a single and a walk while grounding into a double play.
Thailand got blown out by the Philippines thanks largely to committing a WBC-record seven errors defensively, which makes Damon being their DH sort of amusing.
One team among Thailand, Chinese Taipei, New Zealand, and the Philippines will advance to participate in the 16-team WBC.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)