Nov 15, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Johnny Damon started at designated hitter and batted third for Thailand in Game 1 of the World Baseball Classic qualifier, going 1-for-3 with a single and a walk while grounding into a double play.
Thailand got blown out by the Philippines thanks largely to committing a WBC-record seven errors defensively, which makes Damon being their DH sort of amusing.
One team among Thailand, Chinese Taipei, New Zealand, and the Philippines will advance to participate in the 16-team WBC.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)