Nov 15, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Johnny Damon started at designated hitter and batted third for Thailand in Game 1 of the World Baseball Classic qualifier, going 1-for-3 with a single and a walk while grounding into a double play.
Thailand got blown out by the Philippines thanks largely to committing a WBC-record seven errors defensively, which makes Damon being their DH sort of amusing.
One team among Thailand, Chinese Taipei, New Zealand, and the Philippines will advance to participate in the 16-team WBC.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 2
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 38
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)