Nov 15, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
Given some of the front office’s previous statements about not holding a firesale this offseason it’s tough to take much they say seriously at this point, but Marlins president David Samson said during a radio interview today that Ricky Nolasco will be on the team in 2013.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post he said that during an interview with Dan LeBatard.
Of course, it’s also worth noting that the Marlins may simply have been unable to find a taker for Nolasco considering he’s under contract for $11.5 million and coming off a pretty ugly season in which he posted a 4.48 ERA, allowed opponents to hit .285, and saw his strikeout rate plummet for the third straight year.
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 2
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)