Nov 15, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Given some of the front office’s previous statements about not holding a firesale this offseason it’s tough to take much they say seriously at this point, but Marlins president David Samson said during a radio interview today that Ricky Nolasco will be on the team in 2013.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post he said that during an interview with Dan LeBatard.
Of course, it’s also worth noting that the Marlins may simply have been unable to find a taker for Nolasco considering he’s under contract for $11.5 million and coming off a pretty ugly season in which he posted a 4.48 ERA, allowed opponents to hit .285, and saw his strikeout rate plummet for the third straight year.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 47
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)