Nov 15, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Given some of the front office’s previous statements about not holding a firesale this offseason it’s tough to take much they say seriously at this point, but Marlins president David Samson said during a radio interview today that Ricky Nolasco will be on the team in 2013.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post he said that during an interview with Dan LeBatard.
Of course, it’s also worth noting that the Marlins may simply have been unable to find a taker for Nolasco considering he’s under contract for $11.5 million and coming off a pretty ugly season in which he posted a 4.48 ERA, allowed opponents to hit .285, and saw his strikeout rate plummet for the third straight year.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)