Nov 15, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Given some of the front office’s previous statements about not holding a firesale this offseason it’s tough to take much they say seriously at this point, but Marlins president David Samson said during a radio interview today that Ricky Nolasco will be on the team in 2013.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post he said that during an interview with Dan LeBatard.
Of course, it’s also worth noting that the Marlins may simply have been unable to find a taker for Nolasco considering he’s under contract for $11.5 million and coming off a pretty ugly season in which he posted a 4.48 ERA, allowed opponents to hit .285, and saw his strikeout rate plummet for the third straight year.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)