Nov 15, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
Given some of the front office’s previous statements about not holding a firesale this offseason it’s tough to take much they say seriously at this point, but Marlins president David Samson said during a radio interview today that Ricky Nolasco will be on the team in 2013.
According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post he said that during an interview with Dan LeBatard.
Of course, it’s also worth noting that the Marlins may simply have been unable to find a taker for Nolasco considering he’s under contract for $11.5 million and coming off a pretty ugly season in which he posted a 4.48 ERA, allowed opponents to hit .285, and saw his strikeout rate plummet for the third straight year.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 122
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)