Nov 15, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Matt Garza‘s elbow injury kept the Cubs from being able to trade him and then kept him from pitching in August and September, but it won’t keep him from a normal offseason routine.
Garza had his elbow scanned by doctors earlier this week and Carrie Muskat of MLB.com reports that he was given a clean bill of health.
Garza is arbitration eligible for the final time in 2013 and will be a free agent after the season, so expect the trade rumors to start swirling again if he looks healthy in the early going.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)