Nov 15, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
They should just build ballparks out of video boards. And airplanes out of black boxes. And what’s the deal with hospital food? I’ll be here all week, people:
Safeco Field will soon be home to the largest video board in MLB. You won’t find this at stores on Black Friday. twitter.com/Mariners/statu…
— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) November 15, 2012
That is big. The bummer part, though, is how rare it is that they actually use the video board to awesome, large-screen effect. It’s usually carved up with advertisements, stats, marriage proposals, welcome messages for group ticket buyers and the like, leaving only a small part of it for cool, large-scale relays and things.
But this is nice.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86