Nov 15, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
They should just build ballparks out of video boards. And airplanes out of black boxes. And what’s the deal with hospital food? I’ll be here all week, people:
Safeco Field will soon be home to the largest video board in MLB. You won’t find this at stores on Black Friday. twitter.com/Mariners/statu…
— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) November 15, 2012
That is big. The bummer part, though, is how rare it is that they actually use the video board to awesome, large-screen effect. It’s usually carved up with advertisements, stats, marriage proposals, welcome messages for group ticket buyers and the like, leaving only a small part of it for cool, large-scale relays and things.
But this is nice.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?